Shopping online vs offline
A local study dole out by the Malta Communications Authority (MCA) in July 2016 disclosed that over three-quarters of shoppers across all age cohorts in Malta and Gozo are using the (internet|the web|the net) and around 78% of internet users became digital consumers, with the bulk claiming to own carried out an internet purchase within the 3 months before the survey. ”
This is great news for each native and international retailers World Health Organization have seen a rise in Maltese pay on their merchandise and services. it is also a warning call for any native retailers World Health Organization are still trying into providing internet service to their business. the web has been shaking up things for the USA all whether or not for the better or for the worse. I like to think positive and consider the great which has come from the internet such as access to free information. looking for a discount? Google it. trying to find a product review?
- See and touch: You can see and touch the item before purchasing it
- Instant reward: When you purchase something in a store (usually) you can take your item home with you the same day.
- New Ideas: You can find something you like which you never thought of buying
- Staff Information: You can interact with the staff and gauge what they think about the product/service or even ask them for a discount
- Social: Shopping offline is a social thing so you can also meet or bump into people you know.
- Hassle: Maybe a hassle to get to the shop – dressing up, parking or getting there.
- Disappointment: You might not find what you are looking for
- Queuing: You may need to queue
- They may only accept cash
- Limited variety & choice compared to shopping from brands with humongous stores abroad.
PROS AND CONS OF ONLINE SHOPPING
- Shop from home: You can shop online from the comfort of your own home
- Better chances for size availability: Benefit from better size availability and choice when shopping online
- Easier: It is easier to find something you need online rather than walking from one to shop to another in search of an item
- No Queuing: No need to queue when shopping online, simply purchase your item at the click of a button
- Think ahead: It may take a few days to arrive so you need to think ahead if it is something you might need for a special occasion
- Returning items: If you receive the incorrect size or color you will need to return the item by post
- Cannot see or feel: You cannot see or feel the item (unless you have already checked it out at a local retailer).